The Software Requirements Engineer is charged with working with the project stakeholders and end users to elicit, understand, analyze, and document the requirements for a system in order to solve a given business problem. They also support with project budgeting. They will need to work as Integration specialist and Software validation specialist for the project.
Please note, as the primary focus is a UAE Client project, the working week is Sunday to Thursday initially. We believe that this will be needed only for the first few months consistently and by October timeframe, we can let people work on their regular Europe work week Monday to Friday. After that, it can be on exceptional basis for urgent needs only.
About the Responsibilities
- Requirements engineering – capture, analysis, specification, validation and management
- Writing functional and interface specifications
- Utilise User Story and Use Case techniques for stating and elaboration of requirements
- Manage and prioritise the product backlog
As integration specialist you will be an expert in designing and building software to facilitate intersystem and inter-process communication.
- Coordinate with integration team to design and document all software integrations for third party applications and design solutions with third party vendors
- Provide an efficient interface with all clients and specialists and deploy various integration processes and administer all programming components to facilitate various growth activities
- Supervise various activities for all integration of software applications for information systems and ensure adherence to technical architecture and maintain implement same
- Coordinate with application services and to implement all integration strategies and administer integration of all applications
- Provide support to all window applications and ensure appropriate integration of various technologies such as SQL server and provide support to all package applications and plan and manage various SQL Server databases
- Perform troubleshoot on all production issues and recommend appropriate solutions for same and monitor all engine maintenance activities
- Administer all production support requests and prepare status reports for same and coordinate with development team to ensure change in all policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge on all new technology and provide required training and coordinate with various teams to provide support to all new acquired sites
- Develop various applications for all business projects and coordinate with database technologies for all web transactions
Software validation engineers are responsible for testing software solutions. They test and verify the developed applications to ensure the highest quality products are created.
- Conduct validation testing of developed software solutions
- Provide documentation, debug information, and reproduction steps when unexpected device behavior is seen.
- Define validation test plans and procedures for new products and software changes
- Assist with automating software validation
- Work with software engineers and developers
- Actively participate in product development cycle
- Give suggestions for more optimized solutions
- Give feedback and participate in new idea generation
- Always ensure quality issues are addressed and resolved prior to release.
- Keep up to date on overall activities of the team, identify issues early and take constructive, corrective actions, and works meticulously
About the Requirements
- Specialist in 3rd party and Avaya API’s and can write connectors for it
- Understands and articulate security concepts such as SAML2, JWT
- Can code in a variety of languages; Go & Swift
- Solid validation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- Experience working within technical consultancy, software implementation, software integration or software deployment methodology’s
- Familiar with the API driven development approach to both create and consume services from external parties using RESTful, GRPC, XML, XSLT, JSON.
- Very good Knowledge in design, development, integration of applications/services deployed in cloud-based platforms AWS or Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience in the areas of multi-threading / multi-core programming. Very good hands on experience in a containerized environment (Docker/LXC) with Kubernetes exposure.
- Excellent knowledge in Microservices and containerization architecture, design patterns, best code practices, defensive programming and able to write framework level code.
- Solid Experience in developing micro services in Go Lang and Rust.
- Good understanding of services/infrastructure provided by Cloud providers such as GCP, Azure and AWS.
- Exposure to any UI technologies – Angular or React with HTML5, CSS and Bootstrap.
- Exposure to CICD, DevOps practices
- Good knowledge in Java 8, J2EE, Spring 5
- Knowledge of different database technology MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Cache
- An ability to adapt and adhere to client policies, procedures and deadlines, whilst multi-tasking
- Willingness to operate and progress in areas that are outside of previous experience
- Experience of working effectively within a team and of displaying good communication skills